I know I’ve been writing a lot of satirical/ridiculous posts lately, but I wanted to write something serious. Contrary to popular belief, not everything in life is a huge joke to me. (Although a lot of things are haha.)
I just wanted to update you on my pursuit of being an author. I am headed to a writers’ conference this week, so please pray for me. While I’m not expecting a book contract or to get published anytime soon, it would be nice if I could network with people who might be able to help me launch my career and possibly get agents/editors interested in my work.
- Music- I’m still OBSESSED with Lord Huron. I will likely write a blog soon about this obsession. I read the other day that one of my favorite indie bands, Fever Fever, is making an announcement soon, which will hopefully be about new music coming out.
- I think I need to spend less time on the internet, specifically on social media. The one bad thing about starting a blog is that I look forward too much to checking if people are reading/liking/commenting.
- I LOVE nature so much. I get so overwhelmed by the beauty of the outdoors, and my heart just feels like it’s about to burst.
- Hope. There is always hope. ❤
- “Whatever you do, just don’t look back.
Oh somebody needs the light you have.
Whatever you do, just don’t lose heart.
Keep on pushing back the dark” -Pushing Back the Dark, Josh Wilson
FYI- I may start writing more serious/reflective posts.
This is my favorite music video of all time. It has an epic, sweeping, adventurous, dreamy, mysterious feel to it that really captures my imagination. Not to mention it is incredibly romantic. ❤