I know I’ve been writing a lot of satirical/ridiculous posts lately, but I wanted to write something serious. Contrary to popular belief, not everything in life is a huge joke to me. (Although a lot of things are haha.)
I just wanted to update you on my pursuit of being an author. I am headed to a writers’ conference this week, so please pray for me. While I’m not expecting a book contract or to get published anytime soon, it would be nice if I could network with people who might be able to help me launch my career and possibly get agents/editors interested in my work.
- Music- I’m still OBSESSED with Lord Huron. I will likely write a blog soon about this obsession. I read the other day that one of my favorite indie bands, Fever Fever, is making an announcement soon, which will hopefully be about new music coming out.
- I think I need to spend less time on the internet, specifically on social media. The one bad thing about starting a blog is that I look forward too much to checking if people are reading/liking/commenting.
- I LOVE nature so much. I get so overwhelmed by the beauty of the outdoors, and my heart just feels like it’s about to burst.
- Hope. There is always hope. ❤
- “Whatever you do, just don’t look back.
Oh somebody needs the light you have.
Whatever you do, just don’t lose heart.
Keep on pushing back the dark” -Pushing Back the Dark, Josh Wilson
FYI- I may start writing more serious/reflective posts.
This is my favorite music video of all time. It has an epic, sweeping, adventurous, dreamy, mysterious feel to it that really captures my imagination. Not to mention it is incredibly romantic. ❤
“The lyrics really spoke to my innermost being,” said fan Lisa Harley about her favorite pop star Tommy Schneider’s brand new single Gotchya.
Tommy revealed in an exclusive interview that Gotchya isn’t the epic, poetic tour de force that his fans think it is. “I literally pulled the lyrics out of my butt.”
Over the last week, fan theories trying to solve the mystery of which of Tommy’s ex-girlfriends Gotchya is about blew up the internet. “It’s funny. Fans think this one line in the song about a larger-than-life romance is about a supposed lover I had the summer I spent backpacking through South America, but it’s actually just inspired by my love for tater tots.”
“I am thinking about getting the lyric about the larger-than-life romance tattooed on my arm,” Lisa gushed on Tommy’s Facebook fan group. “It’s incredibly profound. Not to mention emblematic of everything that is good, beautiful, and lovely in this world.”
Although few musicians will actually admit this, Tommy said he is ashamed of his fans. “It’s crazy that these nutso fans are all worked up about figuring out the meaning of the song. It’s like, get a life, people. I picked the words because they sounded dope. That’s all, folks.”
When pressed about why he didn’t set his fans straight about the insignificance of the lyrics, Tommy laughed maniacally.
Welcome to my blog! Here are some details about what to and not to expect.
Topics That Won’t be Featured in my Blog
- Gollum- I hate the guy a lot. Seriously, he is the worst. If anyone sees Gollum on my blog anywhere, please fill out my contact form or call 9-1-1.
- The most embarrassing moment of my life- There is one embarrassing moment of my life that I’ve never told a soul. I plan on taking it with me to the grave.
- Jealousy of Unicorns- My jealousy of unicorns tends to freak people out, so I won’t be talking about it here.
Topics That Will be Featured in my Blog
- God- The focus of my spiritual walk right now is cultivating my love for God while fighting the idols of my heart, and I hope to encourage others to do the same.
- Music- I’m the person who is obsessed with music but who isn’t musically talented whatsoever and consequentially have prodigious authority on the subject.
- Comedy- There may be some ridiculous posts from time to time, probably satirical in nature. Also, I like to make things up sometimes (i.e. a jealousy of unicorns) so be prepared for that.
Examples of People Who Should Read this Blog
- My mom
- Gollum-hating comedy lovers
- People with 1-2 eyes
In conclusion, this blog has something for everyone. Please subscribe and enjoy!